- Brush the steaks lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or char-grill plate or pan to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only.
- Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 5 minutes before serving.
- While the steaks rest, toss the remaining ingredients together. Slice the steaks thinly and mix with the salad ingredients.
- Thickly cut rump, rib eye/scotch fillet or sirloin/porterhouse/New York steaks work best for beef salads
- Preheat the char-grill pan to hot before adding the meat. Instead of oiling the pan it is better to oil the meat.
- Best beef cuts for char-grilling: fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, rump, round and blade, oyster blade.
- 2x (250g) thick cut beef rump steaks
- 2x sliced mangoes
- 1x bunch rocket, stalks trimmed
- 1x butter lettuce, leaves seperated
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- rind and juice from1 lime
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Serves: 4
- Ready In: 20 minutes