From all of us here at the Belconnen Markets, we want to assure the community and all our loyal customers, that we are open and trading, as usual, each Wednesday to Sunday 8am - 6pm.
The Belconnen Markets is considered an "essential service" and is excluded from Public Gathering legislation.
To help ensure the health of our Customers, Traders and Staff, we have implemented additional cleaning and sanitising procedures, including:
- Regular disinfecting of communal surfaces, seats, ATM’s, toilets, trolley and basket handles, doors and doorways.
- Sanitiser dispensers on all entrances.
- Public hygiene signage and messaging on all entrances.
- Traders have 1.5m social distancing and queuing markers throughout their stores and near points of sale, as well as messaging regarding the number of customers that are allowed in each store according to their size.
- Traders produce stands carry messaging to remind customers not to handle the fresh produce and to use plastic bags to select your food items.
- Traders are regularly sanitising their points of sale, bench tops and hard surfaces and are wearing plastic disposable gloves when stacking and handling produce.
- However, we do ask all our customers to please be extra vigilant regarding all their hygiene practices. Please maintain the 1.5m social distancing rules when moving through our stores and when queueing at checkouts.
- Due to Gathering Legislation we have had to unfortunately close the Children's playground, until further notice.
From everyone at the Belconnen Markets, we thank you for being extra mindful at this difficult time and for your cooperation. If you have any symptoms or concerns, please click HERE to view ACT Health's latest advice and messaging concerning what to do next.