Place the beef mince, garlic, and a little salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Tear bread into small pieces, place in a small bowl, and pour over the milk and olive oil.
- Set aside it for a few minutes or until bread absorbs most of the liquid.
- Mix with a fork.
- Add the bread mixture, lemon rind and juice, Parmesan, chopped basil, to the beef, using your hand bring the mixture together and knead until combined.
- Shape the mixture into four burgers.
- Lightly brush the burgers with oil.
- Preheat the barbecue or pan to moderately high.
- Add burgers to the barbecue or pan, lower the heat to moderate.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked.
- Turn them once only.
- Serve burgers on char-grilled Italian bread that is topped with rocket and roasted capsicum.
- Dollop each burger with a slice of blue cheese.
Serving suggestion: Serve burgers on char-grilled Italian bread that is topped with rocket and roasted capsicum.
Recipe and picture from http://www.beefandlamb.com.au/Recipes/All_recipes/Detail/Gourmet-beef-burgers-with-blue-cheese
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 slices thick white Italian-style bread, crusts removed
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated rind and juice of a lemon
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil
- char-grilled slices of Italian bread, rocket leaves, roasted capsicum to serve
- 150 g wedge blue cheese
- Serves: 4
- Ready In: Prep 15 mins cooking 14 minutes